Minted Lamb Leg | Sunday
We love Sunday lunch in our house, not just because it gives us an excuse to crack open a bottle of wine in the afternoon but also because it rounds off the week in a tasty way. Its hard to feel sad about Monday peaking round the corner when you've just indulged in a full on roast dinner. Bring on the joggers and sofa surfing for the evening. 🙌🏻
Let's be honest, you don't need a full blown recipe for this one and we won't teach you how to suck eggs but we are going to tell you that low and slow (🤭🤭) is by far the BEST way to cook lamb.
Leg of lamb - You can buy ours here.
Big ole tray
1. Preheat your oven to about 150°
2. Splash a bit of oil over your lamb leg, preferably once you've put it in the oven tray... bit messy if not.
3. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the oily leg and give it a little rub.
4. Generously poke a lil' bit of rosemary into the skin of the lamb. We sometimes score it (gently) so it's easier to do.
5. Add some mint sauce. We only do this because it seems to just add a lil something to the meat as it cooks.
6. Cover with a lid or tin foil and pop in the oven for 4 hours at 150°
7. When your 4 hours is up and your thinking of opening bottle number 2 of the vino, take the lamb out of the oven remove the foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
8. The meat should literally pull apart and fall off of the bone. All you have to do now is demolish with Yorkshires, veg and alllllll the gravy 😍 (and more mint sauce...)
We've got another recipe on route for lamby leftovers so fret not if you are worried about waste. Keep your eyes peeled for our update. 👀