Turkey Burgers made from cupboard essentials. They are quick, easy and tasty to boot!
We know what your thinking…”turkey, really?” but hear me out, this meat is far more deserving than just the Christmas dinner credit it receives. We get it, when you think turkey you think Yorkshire puds, gravy the full shebang, not a juicy burger. We also know that when you think of burgers you think of a dirty, double pattie job, smothered in melted cheese and ‘slaw, perfectly positioned between 2 soft bread buns, sauce and some salad…(maybe some salad). Well, we’re in lock down and let’s be honest our fitness game is probably lagging somewhat so these healthy, spicy, bad boys will give your gut busting burger a run for its money and your waistline a day off. G’won, you know you wanna…
Makes 10 | Prep time 20 mins | Cook time 15 Mins
- 800g Turkey Mince
- Chopped Onion x 1
- Bread Crumbs (4 heaped Table spoons)
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
1. Combine the onion, turkey, spices and bread crumbs. We’d suggest doing the bread crumbs bit by bit so you can keep an eye on the consistency. You can always use an egg or a little water if you think it’s looking dry.
2. Get Smushing! This bit is grim but get in there and really mix it, get those flavours all over it!
3. Portion up the mix and roll. We made10 balls on our chopping board but depending on how big you want your burgers you can have less.
3.Grill/BBQ these little beauts. Roughly 15/20 mins depending on how you cook them but medium heat and no messing about, it’s poultry, make sure they are cooked through.
4. Plate up and enjoy! We went for sweet potato fries, some cucumber and a mountain of sweetcorn but you can STILL smother in sauce and pair with a bun. Food is life.